UNC's Morehead Planetarium celebrates 69 years
Thu May 17, 2018
The Morehead Planetarium opened its doors on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's campus May 10, 1949 after 17 months of construction. It was the first planetarium in the South and only the sixth in the United States. At $3 million – more than $50 million in today’s dollars – it was the most expensive building in the state at the time.
Share: Facebook | Twitter | Email
Related: Campus Connections
Recent Campus Connections News:Chapel Hill Revamping its Downtown ParkingThursday May 24, 2018Carolina hosts Valor Games for military athletes with disabilitiesWednesday May 23, 2018The legacy of 'Mama Dip,' of great Southern food and hard work, lives on in her familyTuesday May 22, 2018North Carolina food icon 'Mama Dip' passes awayMonday May 21, 2018In 1943 in Chapel Hill, the boys of summer readied for warMonday May 21, 2018