Tar Heel Times
UNC Sports & Recruiting News
Menu

NCAA lowers recruiting age limit

Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams and Sidney Lowe say they don't plan to start offering scholarships to middle schoolers any time soon. But the three men's basketball coaches seemed to support the NCAA's decision to define seventh- and eighth-graders as "prospective student athletes" -- because the goal of the new rule is to defend the kids from unregulated recruiting. The NCAA previously defined a prospect as a ninth-grader or older.
Full article at Raleigh News & Observer

Recent Basketball Articles:

10/30/2014Carolina Rundown: October 30
10/30/2014Video: Getting To Know Wayne Ellington
10/29/2014Size, range, balance mark resurgent Tar Heels
10/29/2014Roy Williams defends ethics; Swofford says he was unaware of issues at UNC
10/29/2014Marcus Paige Voted Preseason ACC Player of the Year
10/29/2014Video: This is Carolina Basketball - Episode 3
10/29/2014Video: Roy Williams Delivers Powerful Response to Academic Investigation
10/29/2014Roy Williams: Some things being said aren't fair